Record cold gripped Nevada last week. Overnight lows plunged well-below zero in many parts, and a freeze warning was in effect through Thursday for southern regions, including Las Vegas.
The National Weather Service (NWS) registered a number of record-breaking lows across the Silver State on Tuesday, including:
- The -2F (-18.9C) observed in Eureka — which smashed the old mark of 5F (-15C) set in 1991.
- Elko’s 7F (-13.9C) — which pipped 1917’s all-time low of 8F (-13.3C).
- And Winnemucca’s 7F (-13.9C) — which tied the record low for the date set back in 1970.
Then on Wednesday, the mercury dipped further still — again according to NWS data:
- A teeth-chattering -4F (-20C) was observed in both Ely and Eureka.
- A chilly 1F (-17.2C) was measured in Winnemuca.
- And a frosty 2F (-16.7C) in Elko.
In addition, sub-freezing temperatures also swept southern Nevada on Thursday, as reported by eurekasentinel.com, where a freeze warning was in effect for Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City.
The lower-latitudes are refreezing, in line with historically low solar activity.
Prepare for the COLD — grow your own.
Social Media channels are restricting Electroverse’s reach — be sure to subscribe to receive new post notifications by email (the box is located in the sidebar >>> or scroll down if on mobile).
And/or become a Patron by clicking here: patreon.com/join/electroverse
Any way you can, help us spread the message so others can survive and thrive in the coming times.
Grand Solar Minimum + Pole Shift
The post All-Time Low Temperature Records Smashed in Nevada appeared first on Electroverse.